We are problem-solvers.
Guiding clients to a satisfactory and timely resolution of their disputes is at the heart of practicing law. While there may be times when the proper result can only be achieved through trial, litigation can be expensive and unpredictable. A growing number of businesses and individuals choose to settle matters through alternative dispute resolution procedures (ADR).
We are skilled negotiators, and we bring a wealth of knowledge and creativity to the ADR process. We provide counsel for facilitative mediation, case evaluation, administered/non-administered arbitration and other methods. We have successfully resolved disputes in construction, business, insurance, real estate, professional errors and omissions, and other matters.
Arbitration & Mediation Representative Cases
- Negotiated resolution of multi-party claims involving multiple millions of dollars regarding large public institutional facilities where the owner, contractor, subcontractors, suppliers and designers were involved on several occasions
- Negotiated resolution of numerous claims between general contractor and subcontractor as to defective work, change orders, extra work and schedule delay
- Negotiated resolution of insurance coverage dispute between general contractor and subcontractor insurance carrier regarding alleged defective work of subcontractor
- Negotiated resolution of multi-million dollar claim against public entity, financial institution and others related to failed project, loss of project financing and payment to construction professionals for improvements to failed project
- Negotiated resolution of dispute regarding design issues associated with HVAC system on behalf of engineering firm