Arbitration and Mediation Services
Conflicts are no picnic.
Guiding clients to a satisfactory and timely resolution of their disputes is at the heart of practicing law. While there may be times when the proper result can only be achieved through trial, litigation can be expensive and unpredictable. Recognizing these limits, a growing number of businesses and individuals are choosing to settle matters through alternative dispute resolution procedures (ADR).
Conflicts call for cool heads.
At Hilger Hammond, we are skilled negotiators, bringing a wealth of knowledge and creativity to the ADR process. Whether the ADR procedure involves Facilitative Mediation, Case Evaluation, Administered/Non-Administered Arbitration or other methods, we have successfully resolved disputes in construction, business, insurance, real estate, professional errors and omissions, and other matters.
Representative cases include:
- Negotiated resolution of multi-party claims involving multiple millions of dollars regarding large public institutional facilities where the owner, contractor, subcontractors, suppliers and designers were involved on several occasions.
- Negotiated resolution of numerous claims between general contractor and subcontractor as to defective work, change orders, extra work and schedule delay.
- Negotiated resolution of insurance coverage dispute between general contractor and subcontractor insurance carrier regarding alleged defective work of subcontractor.
- Negotiated resolution of multi-million dollar claim against public entity, financial institution and others related to failed project, loss of project financing and payment to construction professionals for improvements to failed project.
- Negotiated resolution of dispute regarding design issues associated with HVAC system on behalf of engineering firm.
Arbitration and Facilitation Services
Steve Hilger has dedicated a significant portion of his practice to ADR. He is qualified as an arbitrator and mediator with the American Arbiration Association, and has served in that capacity for nearly twenty years. Steve is frequently selected by his peers to serve as a facilitator/mediator for complex multi-party commercial litigation matters, and brings that experience to the table when counseling clients on the strategic use of ADR procedures.